Thursday, June 7, 2012

More sights at the Williamstown Wetlands


Here are a few more scenes from the Williamstown Wetlands a few weeks ago. When I look at the date on these photos, it is more like a month ago.  My, how time flies.  You readers have probably noticed that I've been visiting these wetlands more and more.  It is a great place. Easy to park and not a big hike, just a short comfortable walk to the observation deck.  If you are ever near Williamstown, WV, send me an email and I'll be glad to meet you there for a visit.
Today, a Red admiral butterfly (Vanessa atalanta) found itself a meal.
Peeking through the grass I saw a female Wood duck but is she hiding something?
Oh, yay! there is a family. It will be fun to watch them grow through the summer.
Overhead a Red-winged blackbird (Agelaius phoeniceus) chortles.
I decide to sit for awhile, enjoying the day. As I do a Mallard floats by.
In the bushes to my left a sparrow eyed me suspiciously.
The sparrow must decided I wasn't too threatening for it soon began to sing, flitting from branch . . .

The bird eventually left then so did I.  I was no longer alone. Another of my species was also enjoying this beautiful day. 
See you tomorrow.  Please don't forget to check click on the tab at the top of this page for Waverly to Tahoe if you haven't checked out my travel blog lately.

1 comment:

DeniseinVA said...

What a great place to visit and observe. You got some gorgeous photos here. Loved every one of them.