Friday, July 1, 2011

No Doctor Needed for This Red-bellied Woodpecker

The video that I spent the entire day uploading yesterday was never uploaded, So I apologize for teasing you.  I couldn't even get it uploaded to facebook.  There is something I don't know either about my Apple notebook or my Canon camera.  I'll keep trying, but am not optimistic. 
-----------------------------
So on to a new subject.  I had some Pink Lady apples that weren't up to par.  I quartered them and placed them at the end of my sidewalk to see who would eat them.
Looks like I have a taker.
Maybe the Red-bellied just liked the way the apple skin complimented its red head and neck.
After eating a big hole in the apple section, the woodpecker finally had enough and moved on.
-------------------------------------------------

  Yes, I keep putting up the same books.  I have met this woman and her watercolor paintings are wonderful.

9 comments:

MadSnapper said...

i learn something new every day, had no idea woodpeckers would eat apples, now I know. i like that wings down flight shot a lot

TexWisGirl said...

nice shots!

Unknown said...

Beautiful bird.
Great captures.
Costas

Karen said...

I never knew woodpeckers liked apples, either. You captured fantastic images of your visitor, those feathers are amazing.

黄清华 Wong Ching Wah said...

Very beautiful bird, nice captures.

SquirrelQueen said...

He's a handsome fellow. Usually the squirrels in my yard grab the apples I toss out before the birds can get a taste.

Jeanne Frances Klaver said...

Nothing's ever wasted, is it? These are gorgeous shots!

RedPat said...

Fabulous - love the flight shot!

Stephanie Berry said...

Super photos--I wouldn't thought of an apple as bid food.