Wednesday, January 18, 2012

 Last Week in My daughter's Birthday Blog I used photos of the Waverly Red-tailed hawk as illustrations for my words.
Red-tailed hawk lightened for better viewing.
 Here are some more views of our hawk taken Tuesday morning.  
 It was a very overcast day.  To let you see the photos more clearly I lightened the exposure on most of them.  I didn't change anything else other than to crop them.
 Jeff was driving.  He let me out of the car to capture some images.
 Then made some noise so that the hawk would fly. It is pretty used to people so it wasn't inclined to move off its wire.
 But eventually it did.
 It had been eyeing some crows in a muddy field
 and flew straight toward them.
 I almost lost the hawk against the hillside growth.


 There it is, I found it again. (male or female?)
 The Red-tailed found the crows, scattering them into flight.
 It then headed for a comfortable looking Sycamore tree.


*If you red about the Big brown bats yesterday then go back to see some links I added about water available up here on the hill. I think it is one thing that keeps the local wildlife passing through our yard.

6 comments:

Andrea said...

Wow, ow lovely those forms of the hawks are! You were able to capture all the different forms vividly!

黄清华 Wong Ching Wah said...

Good captures !

TexWisGirl said...

great job following his flight!

Out on the prairie said...

That is some fast clicking, lovely shots!

CameraCruise said...

Great shots of the hawk, love them!

J said...

Lovely shots of the hawk. Glad Jeff was driving, and you weren't trying to photograph and drive simultaneously - could have been tricky! Thanks for commenting on my blog.