Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Stepelia Swelling

Things are starting to change

 The upper bud is swelling
 As is the lower one.
 But notice that all the rest are shrinking away.
I wonder why.  Did it need more water? More light? or does the plant just pict the biggest and strongest?
The last time it bloomed there was only one flower but the plant was about half the size.  It only consisted of the part that you see inside the smaller blue planter that sits in the middle of the larger  terra cotta one.
To read the beginning of this series click HERE.

7 comments:

Out on the prairie said...

I'm excited to see these blooms

Mark and Gaz said...

The blooms are unique and look rather nice but the scent...

Nellie from Beyond My Garden said...

Mark and Gaz, Yes. GAGGHH!

Our photos said...

Beautiful photos!
Greetings, RW & SK

Karen said...

I have never seen this plant in bloom. What an interesting bud!

Sophie said...

Your stepelia looks really nice I will need to get some along with newflower pots to put them in.

La Petite Gallery said...

Is that a bloom?. Never saw that bloom.
Happy Spring I have snow today.
yvonne