Thursday, July 29, 2010

Butterflies and Bees

This time of year photographers cannot resist photos of butterflies.  I am like the rest so here are my offerings.

This spicebush swallowtail looks like it was dusted with plue powder to match its eyes. 
(Click on the image to see more detail.)

This tiger swallowtail shares close quarters with a fritillary.

Though this one prefers a solitary flower.

It pumps nector from the florescent cone flower head.

Even seemingly dry brown dirt attracts this swallowtail sharing a secret with the road

A bee wants in on the action, coating itself with sunflower pollen.

And I cannot ignore this beautiful moth.

Here is one last entry for the day.  This one I saw at Lowe's trying to get food from the price tag signs. About a dozen of its family members were similarly attached to other price signs. I haven't identified it and the photo was taken with my cell phone.

1 comment:

Costea Andrea Mihai said...

hello! beautiful blog! superb butterfly's!! regards