Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Bottle Tree Progression

Last June many of you joined me (through this blog) while we remembered a spring walk through the woods.  Arriving back to my garden we were greeted by my blue BOTTLE TREE. The bottles are still there, but the tree is changing.
wavy lichen are slowly coating the tree in a crispy coat of many colors.
Lines of pale pink, soft blue and light, lime green adorn each lip of lichen that has grown out of the white tree
Though the white stump of a dying weeping birch has blossomed with brilliant blue bottles, their gaudy beauty is matched, then outdone by art rendered in creation.
--------------------------------
You can help me continue to write this blog by using the links below to buy an item if it interests you. I especially like the book about Lego building.) I've up put extra ads because of Christmas. I hope they aren't too obnoxious.  If you think so, let me know in the comments.
 

A camera for the stocking; not too big and not too expensive.  Help a person discover photography with this camera.

This Kindle has a special price because it has a special screensaver.

6 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

that's a lovely tree!

Katie (Nature ID) said...

Gorgeous photos. I can't help but wonder if you have turkey tails, perhaps false turkey tails, instead of lichen. I previously sent a link to a friend of mine about your bottle trees. She's determined to place out some old colorful bottles like you have.

Nellie from Beyond My Garden said...

Katie, maybe I do. I really no very little about it. I'll look it up. Thanks and send me a picture if your friend evee gets her bottles out.
Nellie

Karen said...

Nellie, you have the most beautiful bottle tree I've ever seen. It looks like a lovely flowering plant!

The lichens are just an added touch. Great work!

Nellie from Beyond My Garden said...

Karen, Thanks so much.
nellie

Jean Campbell said...

Awesome bottle tree! How long will the white birch last? White birches do not grow here.