Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Sunny Hopes

Today I am offering memory and hope.  
Here in eastern United States we have had rain, rain and more rain.
April showers brought May flowers, May showers bring wet flowers and tree branches hanging low, laden down from the weight of weeks of rain.  Yesterday as mist filled the air and our grass reached mid-shin, my husband mowed the grass in order to assure that our house would not become lost in a green jungle.
My offer is the memory of a few of the sunny scenes we have enjoyed this spring
and the hope that there will be more.
Enjoy.
A Cardinal enjoys a warm moment in a Vibernum shrub, above.  Another dries off on a Maple branch during a sunny moment of a rainy day.
This Baltimore oriole perched just over my head in a Sycamore tree
Aaahh.  Feels s-o-o-o good.



4 comments:

Jane @ Hard Work Homestead said...

I have a shrub that looks like the first picture. I always wondered what it was. It is very fragrant, the flowers look similar but my leaves seem a little bigger. I wonder if it is in the same family?

Nellie from Beyond My Garden said...

Jane, there are several in the family. We even have a wild at the edges of our woods.
nellie

黄清华 Wong Ching Wah said...

Beautiful and relaxing, of course.
Have a nice day !

D said...

Rain, rain, and more rain... and finally today we had sunshine and near 70 degrees, but our nights are still in the 30's. Amazing what a little sun will do for our spirits.