Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Break in the Weather

We had a refreshing break in the weather this week. 
With temperatures close to sixty degrees, I left my jacket behind and walked toward the quarry.
I had been ill the night before and earlier in the morning but felt I couldn't miss this sunny day for rain was predicted by the next morning. I walked across the field by my home then a short way through the woods, down then back up a small hill which led to the quarry path.
It was nice to see the ground no longer covered by snow
but I soon knew that I hadn't the stamina to continue down the hill. I only made it to the first level, enjoyed the view, caught my breath then headed home where I would drop, exhausted, onto the couch for the rest of the day.
I would have to leave the sunny day for others to enjoy.
    

1 comment:

KaHolly said...

At least you got out into the fresh air for a few minutes. Hope you are feeling better.