Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Correction for Squirrel Corn

I have rewritten parts off my posts from 4/5 and 4/6 to reflect a re-identification of squirrel corn. If you haven't yet read these posts, you won't notice anything but the correct information, but if you read them when they were posted, go back and re-read the posts to see thatd I misidentified squirrel corn as Dutchman's Breeches.  They are very similar, but definitely not the same.  The correct identification led me to learn a bit more about spring ephemorals that special group of plants we see in dark woodlands.  There is an interesting article by George Ellison of the Pennsylvania Native Plant Society.    http://www.pawildflower.org/01_articles/Notes_2007_Q1.pdf
Please excuse me, and also please correct me when you see a mistake in what I write. Though I found this mistake myself,  I count myself lucky to have readers who have more expertise than I do in some of the areas about which I write. 

No comments: